Jonathan Hart MA, LPC, NCC
Board Certified Licensed Professional Counselor
Jon received his Masters degree from Oakland University in 2015. His focus during his program was on anxiety related disorders and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). He completed an advanced specialization in Mental Health during which he was trained in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and Testing and Assessment. Formerly, Jon was a math tutor and a youth minister. He has been working with teens since the early 90’s.
Today, Jon works with teens, adults and couples. He utilizes many different types of therapies molded to his clients needs and best interests. His theoretical orientation is based in object-relation theory. He helps clients learn from the past to change the present and shape the future.
Jon believes having a safe space where there is no bias and no judgement is essential in cultivating change. He strives to make the counseling office a safe, comfortable environment for his clients.
- Stress & Anxiety
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anger Management
- Autism Spectrum Disorder/Asperger’s Syndrome
- Child & Adolescent
- Testing & Assessment
- Wellness / Mindfulness
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
Education & Training
- Specialty Certificate in Mental Health, Oakland University 2016
- Masters of Arts in Counseling, Oakland University 2015
- Bachelors of Arts in Integrated Studies with minors in Psychology & Sociology, Oakland University 2011
- National Board of Certified Counselors
- Chi Sigma Iota Honor Society